Lead in Paint Test. Order Online
$60.00 – $90.00
Test your old paint before removing it. Lead was heavily used in house paint until mid 1980’s. If you are planning renovation in an older house, it is important to make sure that old paint is lead free. Your sample will be tested by a CALA accredited laboratory in Ontario, Canada using acid digestion and Ionized Coupled Plasma (ICP) spectroscopy. The test results will be sent to you by email.
Different states and provinces may have different regulation, but most commonly, the old dry paint is regulated as “Lead Paint” if concentration of led in the sample is equal or exceeds 0.5% (5000 mg/kg). To order the test, please select number of different lead samples that you want to test. Scrape 1/8 tea spoon (about 0.5 g) of loose paint into a Ziploc bag. Do not mix different kind of paint samples in one bag. Please make sure you check the sampling and shipping instructions below.
- Sampling and Shipping
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
It is easy to check your house paint for lead, and it will definitely make your future renovation project much safer. Lead is toxic if it is inhaled or digested. Please protect yourself and your family. Simply select number of samples that you want to test, and place your order. If you have any questions, please email us at your convenience
Collect 1/8 of a tea spoon of old paint and place it in a Ziploc bag. You need only about 0.5 g of paint. Close the bag, and label it with a permanent marker: “blue paint from garage”, or “Yellow paint from basement”. If you want to test more than one sample, each sample should be placed in a separate bag. Please take as many samples as you need, label each bag. Count number of samples, and select corresponding number of tests.
Once the package with your samples is ready, please:
- Print the payment receipt for your order. If you do not have a printer, please give us your order number, name, email, and phone number we will match it with our record of your order.
- Place the printed receipt (or your order #) into the box/envelope with your samples
- Send or deliver the samples and the paperwork to our laboratory
LCS Laboratory Inc. 700 Collip Circle, Unit 218 London ON, N6G 4X8 Canada (519) 777-5232 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canadian clients, please check shipping instructions here.
- International clients, please check shipping instructions here. USA clients, please be aware that your state authorities want you to use only state certified laboratories. You can use the results for own reasons, but it cannot be used for legal purposes in USA.
- If you have any other questions, please contact us by e-mail.
Thank you again for your order
When you take a sample, presume the worst and protect yourself from lead dust. To be safe and “just in case”, you should wear N100 or P100 dust mask and wash hands after the sampling.
|Test Turnaround Time||
10 business days (default), 6 business days, 5 business days, 4 business days
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.